urb-in is currently seeking a junior designer with an enthusiasm for custom high-end residential design, who understands family living and the importance of the architect-client relationship. Our firm’s innovative, sustainable approach has resulted in award-winning work throughout Northern California and beyond. We are passionate about architectural design that fulfills the client’s hopes and exceeds their expectations. Our design philosophy is rooted in the Bay Area Tradition – site specific, unaffected in style, with strong interior/exterior connections.
The ideal candidate for the junior designer position possesses a passion for design.He or she strives to perform above and beyond their current range of project responsibilities and can maintains focus in a friendly and collaborative studio environment.
The junior designer will be responsible for the preparation of design documents and construction documents with supervision. The designer will provide support to project teams and other staff members as required on a variety of project phases and will work on design sketches, layouts and details that are prepared in coordination with others. Additional responsibilities include providing assistance to the team in the preparation of marketing materials and proposals and procuring material samples and updating the catalogues and materials libraries.
- Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture required.
- Preferably 1-3 years of post-university work experience
- Capable of transitioning between multiple projects and tasks.
- An ability to think creatively and problem solve with an attention to detail.
- Residential experience required.
- Driven individual who can work independently with an interest in professional advancement. Proficiency in Autocad and Sketchup required.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Suites and Revit preferred.
- Must be dog friendly.
Please apply by sending a resume/C.V. and personal statement, samples of past work, and references to email@example.com. Applicants can expect a response within three business days.